Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Getting closer !

Ok so I have opened up a bit the main area so that the background is more visible. That container there was blocking it too much. Now the railhoist area is more visible. I still need to tweak few material properties and add some high frequency detail to the foreground by using decals. Oil spill with a nice reflection, some concrete cracks and some random rubbish here and there to break it up a bit but not too much so that it doesen't get too noisy. Still not too sure about the wooden crate placement between the forklift and the train car. Will need to do a quick paintover to see what will work. Need to also fix some rendering issues here and there. Getting closer !

Wednesday, 2 May 2012


Sooo... I've been given some crit and working on the composition right now a bit further, basicly polishing it up. Here is the current result.

Friday, 27 April 2012


Haven't posted long time here on my main blog becouse I was documenting all my work on the specially dedicated blog for this project. Here's an update on the scene I am currently working on. Finishing up few textures and then will be polishing it up a bit more. Lighting and composition still needs a bit more work. Will be posting more updates soon

Friday, 13 January 2012


My FMP blog has changed it's name and the idea has been focused more towards the train depot.

More information on the blog :)

Thursday, 12 January 2012

Omicron - Rooftop Bar

I am very happy how this turned out. I have learned quite a lot by doing this environment the way I did  however there are a few things I would do now differently.

Modular texture pipeline took me alot of time and that is because of the time that it takes to create a  high poly, bake it down in xNormal and texture it afterwards. Halfway through the project I have bought nDo2 through which I would have been able to create and change them very quickly.

Lighting on this scene took very long to achieve the desired effect. I found that night time lighting is one of the hardest to get correct. In order to make things look more natural and not washed out I had to tweak several settings. Each setting was coresponding with other so those had to be tweaked also. Long build times becouse of low spec PC didn't help very much also.

      I might go back to it at one point and finish up some more ideas I have planned for this environment but that will be when I get some free time.
To sum it all up there is always room for improvement but I am very happy what I achieved and learned with this project so far. My main goal was to create a modern/futuristic rooftop bar by using a modular pipeline with both assets and textures. Knowledge gained from this brief will serve very well in the upcomming projects.

Monday, 26 December 2011


Was fed up a bit with the straight lines and that small tip of the old building and redesigned it a bit. It's just a quick geometry mockup and still needs to be uv'd and textured (additional bit) on the new building.

More curved arches will bring more interest to the main building I think.

Sunday, 18 December 2011

Panel Test

Just testing out a quickly baked Sci-Fi panel. Made the detail cut ins a bit too big on it.