Thursday, 12 January 2012

Omicron - Rooftop Bar

I am very happy how this turned out. I have learned quite a lot by doing this environment the way I did  however there are a few things I would do now differently.

Modular texture pipeline took me alot of time and that is because of the time that it takes to create a  high poly, bake it down in xNormal and texture it afterwards. Halfway through the project I have bought nDo2 through which I would have been able to create and change them very quickly.

Lighting on this scene took very long to achieve the desired effect. I found that night time lighting is one of the hardest to get correct. In order to make things look more natural and not washed out I had to tweak several settings. Each setting was coresponding with other so those had to be tweaked also. Long build times becouse of low spec PC didn't help very much also.

      I might go back to it at one point and finish up some more ideas I have planned for this environment but that will be when I get some free time.
To sum it all up there is always room for improvement but I am very happy what I achieved and learned with this project so far. My main goal was to create a modern/futuristic rooftop bar by using a modular pipeline with both assets and textures. Knowledge gained from this brief will serve very well in the upcomming projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment